Monday 29 November 2010

Nice things









Hello. I'm feeling very Christmasy and after a little look around the internet with a cup of tea - seeing as it's way too cold to venture out into real shops today - I thought I'd post a few lovely finds. These things are all on my wish list (the one I keep in my head and don't get around to telling anyone).
At the top are wrist worms by Sandra Juto perfect for the weather right now! The ahoy and hello necklaces by Joanna Rutter are fantastic - if you know my work you know how fascinated I am by anything word/phrase/saying-based. So these are perfect.
I've been a fan of Abigail Percy's subtle and beautiful jewellery for a while now and follow her blog avidly so I've coveted (again in secret as it's a bit beyond budget) these for a while now.
These Orla Kiely homewares are akin to something lovely and 70's you'd find from a second-hand shop but with a modern twist. Find other Orla Kiely ceramics on sale at the fantastic York-based shop that is Snowhome.
The two prints are by Emily Hogarth and Eak Design. I love the unusual scale of the Emily Hogarth one and the Eak Design owl is going to be a present for our little girl some day soon. She loves her owls and this one looks so friendly.
Last but not least I'm a sucker for stamps so these A-Z Alice Melvin ones (available from the Red Door Gallery) are ideal as a gift from myself to myself!

3 comments:

IDREWTHIS said...

A very beautiful and wonderful blog!
I am happy to have kindly been introduced to you via print pattern :)

Natalie said...

You're right - they are all nice things, particularly the print by Emily Hogarth - love it!

Abigail A. Percy said...

Hi Alison... thanks so much for the mention pre-christmas, that's so kind of you :)

Such a lovely list of pretty things, I, too, love the new Orla Kiely ceramics... !! Must be strong, though... ;)

xo