Monday 10 September 2012

Kirath Ghundoo











The geometric patterns and exuberant colours of Kirath Ghundoo's wallpaper is simply stunning!
She graduated last year with an MA in textiles and has deservedly been nominated for an Elle Decoration British Design Award. And rightly so. Original, colourful and fantastically hap-hazard I think her work is so different to anything else in the interiors world right now. The idea of her 'Mix 'n' Match 11' collection embraces the notion of putting contrasting papers together to create an interesting mixed up look. A brilliant idea.

I'm busying away on a new word map at the moment and will post about it as soon as I can. Alongside this I've been tackling the 'C' word (Christmas). Designs were completed months ago (January) but marketing has got left somewhat - or rather I just haven't had the time. I am on with it and my lovely stockists will be receiving all my new designs for 2012 in their inboxes in the next 2 days.
Last week was a bit of a rubbish week of being ill and not being able to work so I'm really looking forward to getting back to normal and getting stuck into some work. I have to make a plan as I feel I'm getting a little muddled of late....

Lastly - if anyone was wondering - Wrap magazine (see last post) is a great read and lovely to look at to boot. The kind of magazine which you keep going back to again an again. I will certainly be getting the next issue and can recommend it.

No comments: