Wednesday 26 June 2013

R & R in Devon
















































I spent our much-needed holiday in Devon relaxing, spending time with my husband and daughter, beach-combing, reading, rock-pooling, dodging the rain and eating too much!
I also spent the week with my my camera around my neck. Instead of rushing around I was looking - and properly looking - not just fleeting glances at everything as I rush around absorbed in my hectic timetable (which is the usual case). It's so important to look around and I was determined that even though I switched off from work for a week I would switch on my mind to seeing the patterns, textures, colours, type and everyday inspiration going on around me.

I also couldn't resist a photo of the lovely cream tea (complete with tea pot and tea cosy) we had in the gardens at Periwinkle Tea Room, Silworthy.

We finished off our week with a [contrasting] brief stop in London to visit family. Sunday morning was a visit to Columbia Road Flower Market and morning coffee at Lily Vanilli's - a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

No comments: