Wednesday 26 February 2014

Edinburgh weekend








Just a few snaps (sorry - from my phone again!) of Edinburgh where we were at the weekend. We went up to my favourite city for the wedding of our friends Jill and Matthew. They (although I suspect Jill more than Matthew!) didn't disappoint with the details and little finishing touches on the day. They'd thought of everything and Jill's interior eye was very much evident. They whole ceremony and reception was held in The Caves so it was extremely atmospheric with candles and low lighting. I didn't get many photos (- mostly of the bride and groom!) so here's just a couple.
We also visited the Museum of Scotland which has been extensively refurbished since the days when I was an Illustration student at Ediburgh College of Art and used to go and draw artefacts and do research. It's now a very light and bright space packed full of exciting things to see. Martha rushed around at the speed of light as all small children do in museums but we did see a lot and I loved the building and the actual space more than anything. I could have spent much longer there just hanging out and people watching.
Edinburgh never disappoints me when I visit. Perhaps it's the affinity you get with the place where you've studied and the friends and memories which go with it but I do feel very attached to it and feel revived whenever I visit.

No comments: